Ads

Lupita Nyong'o Steps Out With Her Mum + Goes All Emotional About Her Success At MCW


Oscar winning actress, Lupita Nyong'o was one of the keynote speakers at the Massachusetts Conference for Women held in Boston yesterday, Thursday December 4th, which also had Hillary Clinton as a keynote speaker. During her speech, she went totally emotional - crying as she talked about her journey to success and growing up with big dreams.

"My mommy is here. My number one cheerleader," she started by saying.
"What I wanted more than anything was to make believe for a living.
"When I watched The Color Purple and watched Oprah and Whoopi Goldberg, a seed was planted in my heart to becoming an actor, but I dared not water it in public.
"Nobody I knew around me was acting for a living. In school, it wasn't one of the professions you learned about.
"It didn’t help that we only had one TV station and it aired very boring programming as a child...




"We continue to fight for equality, for justice, for freedom, for compassion and we achieve the most when we are awakened and responsive to the desires of our individual hearts.
"It is then we can be part of a whole and share our tools to fulfill the bigger picture of a better tomorrow."
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment